In my lightboxes:
Larches At Wing Lake
- Title: Larches At Wing Lake
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Black Peak, Wing Lake
- Nearest Town: Diablo
- Brief Directions: Hwy 20 to Rainy Pass. Park. Hike to Maple Pass, then a hiker path to Wing Lake. Continue up to a pass onto the south face of Black Peak and scramble to the summit.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Black Peak (8970-ft) stands on the crest of the Cascade Mountains in Washington State and provides on its south face, easy scramble routes. Not only that, views into the core of the Cascades leave you forgetting where you are at. Views into Wing lake and the larch forests are good reminders that you are high above the valleys.
- Gear: Nikon D700, 2.8 17-36mm Nikon Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 396 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!