In my lightboxes:
Aftermath: Hayman Burn
- Title: Aftermath: Hayman Burn
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pike National Forest
- Nearest Town: Woodland Park
- Brief Directions: Go north from Woodland Park, CO on SR 67. There are burn areas all along the way.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: In the heat of the summer of 2002, the Hayman Fire burned an enormous area of Pike National Forest. I took this image approximately 8 years later in October, 2010. The hot, dry conditions in the southwest this year again are playing a major role in many forest fires. Although the Hayman burn was man-made, most fires occur naturally.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera; Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens; Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 372 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!