In my lightboxes:
- Title: Oasis
- State/Province/Region: South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hunting Island State Park
- Nearest Town: Beaufort, SC
- Brief Directions: Directions to get to this spot. Take Highway 21 South past Beaufort, SC. Left into Hunting Island State Park.
- Description: Is this an oasis in the middle of the desert? A lake in the middle of nothing? It is actually the remaining tidal pool in between large ventriculations in the sand caused by the retreating sea at low tide on Hunting Island, SC. I used a lowe perspective to emphasize the sand ridges to make them almost feel desert-like and intentionally left off the polarizing filter to have the cloud and sky reflection to show in the water which I felt showed added to the composition since a polarizer allowed you to see to the bottom of the tidal pool. I elongated the sand portion of the frame and minimized the sky to give the effect to of the sand going on forever when in reality it went on for maybe 300 yards.
- Gear: Nikon D90, Really Right Stuff Tripod, Cable Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 309 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!