In my lightboxes:
- Title: Superstition Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lost Dutchman State Park
- Nearest Town: Apache Junction
- Brief Directions: East on US 60 to the Apache Trail.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Driving back from a photo shoot on the Apache Trail I noticed the sun beginning to peek through a thunderstorm on the west horizon. The lower the sun got the more color shown on the Superstitions. Suddenly, and without warning, the color of the mountains turned a Mars-like read creating a very mysterious appearance. I had never see the mountains such a deep red, and I haven't since.
- Gear: Canon 30D, 24-105mm L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 289 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!