In my lightboxes:
Dragonfly Maiting In Flight.
- Title: Dragonfly Maiting In Flight.
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hawk Mountain
- Nearest Town: Hamburg
- Brief Directions: Find a pond. Find dragonflies. Prefocus. Take lots of pictures. Practice. Eventually all the items will come together for a good shot.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I was trying to get a good shot of one of the maiting pairs in flight. They would pause (to lay egg) for a brief second and then take off. I pre-focused on the approximate position that I hoped they would be in, set lens to 60mm, F11, manual focus, ISO 200 and flash at 1/4 power. Handheld.
- Gear: Olympus E-3, 12-60mm lens.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 262 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!