In my lightboxes:
Under The Daisy
- Title: Under The Daisy
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Greensboro Arboretum
- Nearest Town: Greensboro
- Brief Directions: Daisies shot from the underside, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, and a Canon 100m Macro lens
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A huge cluster of daises was in bloom this past summer at the Greensboro Arboretum. I had seen a few macros shot from the underside of flowers and wanted to try it out. After about 10 shots, I previewed the photos, and notice power lines in every single photo! Delete. Shot another dozen or so, and headed home to see what I had. Upon viewing them on the computer, I realized that the underside of the daisies was way to dark. Could have messed with it in Photoshop, but I wanted a more natural look. Back to the park, but this time I took some reflectors with me, and remembered to dodge the power lines - 3rd times the charm!
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark II w/ a 100mm Canon Macro lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 268 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!