In my lightboxes:
Ice Mountain Afternoon
- Title: Ice Mountain Afternoon
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Loudoun County
- Nearest Town: Lovettsville
- Brief Directions: Short Hill Mountain is located in northern Loudoun County Virginia. From the county seat, Leesburg, take Route 7 to Route 9 west to Route 287 north. Follow 7 miles to the historic town of Lovettsville, established in 1733, the mountain is on the left.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The previous night's ice storm on Short Hill mountain in northern Virginia left it's mark throughout the next day, covering all of the vegetation above a certain elevation. I spent a number of hours waiting for the clouds that lingered over the mountain to part and illuminate the ice. Finally at around 2 in the afternoon they retreated enough for the mid day sun to light up both the ice and the clouds.
- Gear: Nikon D70, Nikkor 18-200mm, Nikon Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 461 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!