In my lightboxes:
- Title: The Peloton
- State/Province/Region: Georgia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Historic Roswell
- Nearest Town: Roswell
- Brief Directions: Historic Downtown Roswell, Roswell, GA. Start/Finish is across the street from Roswell's Founders Hall
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This image was taken during the 2010 Historic Roswell Criterium Men Pro-1-2 race. These guys wrap up a great day of cycling with a 90-minute, full-tilt speed fest to divvy $10,000 among the top 20. My goal in this pic (and others) was to convey the action, energy, and challenge involved in negotiating a tight cycling course while traveling at speeds often in excess of 30 miles per hour and doing so while surrounded by 120 other competitors. To do so, I slowed down the shutter speed to 1/30 and panned as the main pack came through the turn.
- Gear: Pentax K20D, Tamron SP 28-75mm f/2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 710 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!