In my lightboxes:
Vernal Falls, Yosemite National Park
- Title: Vernal Falls, Yosemite National Park
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier Point
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Village
- Brief Directions: The shot was taken at the Glacier Point lookout, about 8,000 feet above Yosemite Valley with a panoramic view of the valley, flanked by the mountain range.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Of all Yosemite's natural features, perhaps the waterfalls are the most popular - some appear like silver slivers, cascading thousands of feet. This is a shot of Vernal and Nevada Falls, which were created when glaciers produced, packaged and manipulated rock formations resembling a stairway fashion. May is an ideal month to witness the numerous falls since the water dries up during the summer months.
- Gear: Olympus E-300
This Photo Has Been Viewed 279 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!