In my lightboxes:
- Title: Osprey's Dinner
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pinecrest Lake
- Nearest Town: Strawberry
- Brief Directions: Pinecrest Lake is located on Highway 108 in the Stanislaus National Forest within the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. It is about 30 minutes east of Sonora.
- Description: I was sitting at the lake's edge with camera in hand and saw an osprey circling the lake. I quickly attached my zoom lense, set the camera in Sports Mode and waited to see what might happen. The large bird flew to the top of one of the pine trees and just stayed there and surveyed the lake. About five minutes later, the bird swooped down over the lake and grabbed the fish. I caught one movement after another and this was the best of them all. I was thrilled.
- Gear: Canon XIi Rebel, Canon Zoom Lens 75-300mm, polarizer filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1073 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!