In my lightboxes:
- Title: Imminent Rescue
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Crescent Bay Beach
- Nearest Town: Laguna Beach
- Brief Directions: Crescent Bay is located in north Laguna Beach, just of Coast Highway (1).
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I shot this for the Laguna Beach Lifeguard Department while covering a massive summer swell that hit southern California in the summer of 2009, the largest summer surf I have ever seen in 34 years of lifeguarding, theses waves measured close to 18-20 foot tall. Just seconds later, this boogie boarded became a near drowning and a rescue.
- Gear: Canon EOS 50D, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, B+W Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 259 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!