In my lightboxes:
Autumn Is Coming To Southern Illinois
- Title: Autumn Is Coming To Southern Illinois
- State/Province/Region: Illinois
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Shawnee National Forest
- Nearest Town: Murphysboro
- Brief Directions: Little Grand Canyon is about 10 miles south of Murphysboro, IL.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Southern Illinois is beautiful any time of year, but my favorite is when autumn is just about to set in. The air is crisp but not cold, and the colors are just beginning to change. Many people think Southern Illinois is nothing but corn fields, but we also have Shawnee National Forest, which covers most of the southern third of the state. There are numerous hiking trails and state parks within the forest, including Little Grand Canyon. At this point in the hike, we came upon a point that overlooks Big Muddy River and its floodplain. You can see forever!
- Gear: Canon EOS Digital Rebel T2i; Canon 18-55 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 436 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!