In my lightboxes:
- Title: Afternoon Glow
- State/Province/Region: Illinois
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Shawnee National Forest
- Nearest Town: Muphysboro
- Brief Directions: Little Grand Canyon is located in beautiful Southern Illinois just about 10 miles south of Murphysboro.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Southern Illinois is beautiful any time of year, but my favorite is when autumn is just about to set in. The air is crisp but not cold, and the colors are just beginning to change. Many people think Southern Illinois is nothing but corn fields, but we also have Shawnee National Forest, which covers most of the southern third of the state. There are numerous hiking trails and state parks within the forest, including Little Grand Canyon. This maple tree caught my eye as we were hiking back out of the canyon (about a two hour hike). The light coming through the leaves was just perfect.
- Gear: Canon Digital Rebel T2i; Canon18-55 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 501 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!