In my lightboxes:
- Title: Sentinel Of Drought
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: McKinney Falls State Park
- Nearest Town: Austin
- Description: Due to the extreme drought plaguing Texas this summer, Onion Creek, which flows through the McKinney Falls State Park, is little more than a trickle connecting slowly dessicating pools. I encountered this heron wading/fishing in one of the pools, and I think the blurred foreground/background in this picture help to convey a sense of isolation.
- Gear: Canon 40D, Tamron 70-300mm lens @ 300mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 828 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!