In my lightboxes:
- Title: Hoar Frost
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: River Meadows
- Nearest Town: Sunriver
- Brief Directions: South on highway 97 from Sunriver, OR.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Hoar Frost on a Cottonwood leaf.
Hoar Frost develops when the water saturated air is cold enough to form ice crystals on a surface that is colder that the air temperature. The ice crystals differ in shape due to amount of moisture, temperature, and wind conditions. The crystals are typically translucent.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D, Canon 100MM Macro lens, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 400 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!