In my lightboxes:
Winter Forest Sunrise
- Title: Winter Forest Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Ohio
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hocking Hills State Park
- Nearest Town: Logan
- Brief Directions: About an hour southeast of Columbus, Ohio on State Route 33. Exits for Hocking Hills State Park are on the east side of the highway from Logan, Ohio.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The ice formations along the sandstone gorges of Hocking Hills State Park in Southeastern Ohio offer some of the best opportunities for winter landscape photography. And it's just not one particular area, but all along the six mile loop trail leading from Cedar Falls to Old Man's Cave.
The low, late rising sun of mid-winer provides a great background, especially when it can be "starred" on the edges of the Hemlock trees.
- Gear: Canon 1D Mark III and Canon 28-70mm f2.8 L lens; Kirk head and Bogen tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 684 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!