In my lightboxes:
Winter Ice On Grayson Highlands Parkway
- Title: Winter Ice On Grayson Highlands Parkway
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grayson Highlands State Park
- Nearest Town: Troutdale, VA
- Brief Directions: Take US 58 from Galax, VA west through Troutdale, VA, then turn left on Fairwood Valley Road until it reconnects with US 58 toward Damascus, VA or stay on US 58 toward Grayson Highlands State Park. Because the rime ice forms on the windward side of the mountain, it is best seen traveling the opposite direction, thus through Fairwood Valley.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: After two months of snow and ice storms, we finally had a beautiful, sunny day with clear blue skies, and were driving along the Grayson Highlands Parkway and drove up into the rime ice and snow. It was the most beautiful scenery we have seen along this drive.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D, with EFS 17-85 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 272 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!