In my lightboxes:
- Title: Gorman Bloom
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: The Grape Vine, Hwy 5
- Nearest Town: Gorman
- Brief Directions: Highway 5 heading north out of Los Angeles about an hour, exit in Gorman. The surrounding hills can be covered in a stunning array of color under the right conditions.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: April was a fantastic month for wildflowers in the Gorman area. After a day of rain, the sky was fresh and the lingering clouds accented the scene. The variety of flowers in bloom was dazzling. The breezes were relatively light, but still a higher ISO and fast shutter speed ensured a crisp image. This is the finest bloom I have seen in the area in a couple years. I felt fortunate to capture it in all its brilliance.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 17-40 L lens, Gitzo tripod, Kirk BH-1 ball head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 700 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!