In my lightboxes:
Purple Bachelor's Button
- Title: Purple Bachelor's Button
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: southeast TN
- Nearest Town: Cleveland
- Brief Directions: 2 miles east of town, on a horse farm.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I finally got my AF to nail one of these tiny 2-inch-wide flowers during that gently breezy afternoon. So I decided it needed cropping by about 400%. Shot hand-held about 3 feet from the bloom; 270mm; f/5.6; 1/500/sec; ISO 200; negative 1/3 exposure compensation; center-weighted average metering; RAW. Only very little post editing needed, with less than half the default color NR, zero luminance NR, and hardly any sharpening (most of it merely done in ACR).
- Gear: Canon EOS 50D; Canon 135 f/2L and 2x II TC; UV filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 204 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!