In my lightboxes:
Queen Anne's Lace
- Title: Queen Anne's Lace
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: southeast TN
- Nearest Town: Chattanooga
- Brief Directions: 25 miles northeast of town.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: f/2; ISO 100; 1/400/sec; Exp Comp +1/3; handheld; cropped 20%; edited only in ACR. Last July was more fun taking shots of wildflowers in part of my front field than this year, because this area was cut for hay a bit too early. I enjoy all the wildflowers that peak in July, if they aren't mowed first! This year has been bad all around...first tornadoes, then a small drought. Photography definitely helps freeze the better moments in time. And you gotta love the bokeh that the 135 lens imparts...letting these white blooms float over the hazy green space (that I keep mowed more often). The clouds overhead cast some nice shadows to further set off the depth of the shot, the sunlit top portion being 1000 feet behind the blooms.
- Gear: Canon EOS 50D; Canon EF 135 f/2L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 284 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!