In my lightboxes:
- Title: Bee On Clover
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: I-20 Preserve
- Nearest Town: Midland
- Brief Directions: There is an organization that is developing what is locally known as I-20 pond into a Nature Preserve. It is located near the intersection of I-20 and the Midkiff Rd exit. It isn't really open to the public yet and just a few individuals have permission to be in there. So those wishing to go in there and bird and look for insects, or photo ops. Need to contact Nathan Knowles. He can be reached at866-977-5292. They are planning on putting in a trail system, platforms, and a center.It's one of the few places water collects and hangs around for ay length of time when we do get appreciable amounts of rain.It, as I mentioned, is a playa, there are native trees and shrub type plants and , in wet years, lots of birds and dragonflies.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I wasn't expecting to find any flowers given the extreme drought conditions we are experiencing, so I was quite suprised to find all of this clover and hundreds of bees. I have no idea what kind of clover it is. It is rather tall. The bees were so preoccupied with it that they ignored me.
- Gear: Nikon D-7000/ Tamron 70-300 vr zoom.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 306 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!