In my lightboxes:
- Title: Thistle At Dusk
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: southeast TN
- Nearest Town: Chattanooga
- Brief Directions: 25 miles northeast of town.
- Description: f/2; 1/250/sec; ISO 250; exposure compensation -1/3; hand-held. I had left one small field unmowed, a ways down from my house. These thistle, along with several other wildflowers, have survived the 5 week drought, and then 11 inches of rain from Tropical Storm Lee last week. I shot this just a few hours ago. Afterward, in the gathering gloom, a skunk appeared. I snapped a couple shots of him, but they weren't focused too well...the light level probably -1 billion EV or so. We also have a black bear roaming around lately, but I have yet to snap one of him.
- Gear: Canon EOS 50D; Canon 135mm f/2L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 527 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!