In my lightboxes:
- Title: Balanced Rock
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Big Bend National Park
- Nearest Town: Terlingua
- Brief Directions: "Balanced Rock" is located at the end of a short hiking trail in Grapevine Hills in Big Bend National Park. This area can be reached by traveling East from Presidio or South from Alpine or Marathon, Texas. The Rio Grande River borders this park on the South side, and separates Texas from Mexico.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This balanced rock formation is a natural occuring arch that is best photographed right at sunrise to capture the warm sunlight on the East-facing landscape! The best vantage point for photographing is from the North side of the "window" so as to frame the distant "Nugent Peak"!
- Gear: Canon Rebel XSI, Tamron zoom lens, tripod, cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 283 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!