In my lightboxes:
Autumn Light On Headlight Basin
- Title: Autumn Light On Headlight Basin
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Central Cascades
- Nearest Town: CleElum
- Brief Directions: A couple hours' drive from Seattle to the Ingalls Way trailhead and a short 3-4 mile hike up to the pass.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The big mountains Rainier and Baker tend to get most of the exposure when it comes to coverage of Washington state's offerings. Not to be overlooked is the tallest non-volcanic peak in the state, Mount Stuart, well-known to local hikers and climbers. This scene captures the beauty of this area in early fall, the golden sunrise lighting up the sky and highlighting a stand of western subalpine larch at peak color on the path of Headlight Creek's tumble down its namesake basin.
- Gear: Canon 1DsMk3, 24mm T/S-E f/3.5,grad filter, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 245 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!