In my lightboxes:
Go With The Flow
- Title: Go With The Flow
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Valley of Fire State Park
- Nearest Town: Overton
- Brief Directions: About one hour east of Las Vegas off of Hwy. 15.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: There was this really huge lenticular cloud, the kind that looked like a mothership, hanging in the sky just east of Las Vegas. I watched it for about 150 miles coming down from northern Nevada and it barely moved. It was a good sign and gave me hope that the Fire Wave would prove to be a great evening with great light.
I had time to scout around and check the place out, getting some nice shots here and there. Then the sky blew up and I ran like a crazy person trying to get every comp I could.
It's very hard being in a new place with so much to see and so many possibilities, that when I get some killer light going on like this, I'm like a kid in a candy store! I couldn't get my fill.
Two images manually blended in PS.
- Gear: Pentax K-7; Pentax 16-50mm; Hoya CP; Cokin GND; F22; ISO 250; 2.5 sec.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 319 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!