In my lightboxes:
- Title: Hastings Pond
- State/Province/Region: New York
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hastings Trail
- Nearest Town: Hastings-on-Hudson
- Brief Directions: Follow the trail from any entrance and head towards the center. It's not far and it's well known.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: It was a wonderful day. The pond along Hastings Trail is one of my most favorite places of all time. I've photographed it throughout the year and it always has a homey feel. It easily lends itself to interpretation and I've shot it straight, with infrared in color, with rare-earth filters to enhance the colors, with polarizing filters to see through the water and with neutral density filters to help control the light. I almost always use a tripod.
- Gear: Canon EOS 3, Kodak 400 UltraColor film, Nikon LS-5000 scanner
This Photo Has Been Viewed 697 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!