In my lightboxes:
- Title: Kipu Falls
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Poipu area of Kauai's South Shore
- Nearest Town: Koloa, Kauai
- Brief Directions: The falls is located off Kipu Road between Puhi and Koloa. It's best to look at directions in a Kauai guide book as they tend be rather specific, "across from the 3 mile marker..." and "walk the dirt road on your left just before the bridge on Kipu Road." While specific the walk to the falls itself is not nearly as involved as it sounds and only a few hundred yards. Bring a tripod, and mosquito repellent
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Beautiful little waterfall in an out-of-the way area. You hike back in thru the plants and grasses and they make it seem like you're in a tight tunnel. Not too far, pretty fall and "swimming hole."
- Gear: Canon EOS 50D, Canon 28-135 IS USM, Manfrotto tripod & head, Polarizer & ND filters in Cokin system and mosquito repellent
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1754 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!