In my lightboxes:
Eternal Flame Waterfalls
- Title: Eternal Flame Waterfalls
- State/Province/Region: New York
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Chestnut RIdge Park
- Nearest Town: Orchard Park
- Brief Directions: Going south on 277 from Orchard Park, make a right on Seufert Rd and almost immediately park on the roadside on the right by the gate. The hike on the blue trail is about 30 minutes of leisurely pace - can be shorter for the physically minded and quite a bit slower for people with cameras. You will be in the woods the whole time so direct sunligh is not a problem.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: What a natural wonder combining two elements like fire and water! The amount of water varies quite a bit based on conditions and melting snow in Spring definitely adds to the power of the waterfall. The flame stays on in almost all conditions and can be re-lit should it get extinguished.
This hoto is from summer. Winter add a whole new dimension to this wonder further combining hot and cold.
- Gear: Nikon D200, Tokina 11 - 16 mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1044 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!