In my lightboxes:
Oh Mom.....why Did You Leave Me??
- Title: Oh Mom.....why Did You Leave Me??
- State/Province/Region: New York
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Speculator
- Nearest Town: Lake Pleasant
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: One day while driving to meet a friend I noticed a number of cars parked along both sides of the road. I wondered what was happening so I slowed down. A by stander pointed up in a tree. Here were two bear cubs perched high above the ground. As it turned out their mother has been hit and killed by a tractor trailer the night before. The cubs ran up this tree and would not come down. Eventually a ranger came, tranquilized the little guys and took them to a rehab center where they were cared for and eventually returned to the wild. This cub just seems to be crying out "Oh Mom, Why Did You Leave Me??" A very memorable photography experience!!
- Gear: Canon Rebel XT 80-400 MM Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 639 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!