In my lightboxes:
Sparks Lake Sunrise
- Title: Sparks Lake Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Deschutes National Forest
- Nearest Town: Bend
- Brief Directions: located along Century Drive, 25 minutes south of the city of Bend, Oregon.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Sparks Lake is no secret amongst landscape photographers, as it is one of those locations that has an inherently attractive composition. I live in the nearby city of Bend, and I have photographed Sparks Lake countless times. On this particular fall morning, I got lucky. Snow the previous night coated South Sister and Broken Top Mountain yet left the shores of Sparks Lake bare. The snow combined with some wonderful morning light reflecting off of clearing storm clouds, made for one of my favorite Photography shoots.
- Gear: Wista 4x5 camera, Gitzo Carbon Fiber tripod, 90 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 463 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!