In my lightboxes:
Painted Lady Among Painted Peaks
- Title: Painted Lady Among Painted Peaks
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rae Lakes Kings Canyon NP
- Nearest Town: Independence
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Setting up camp early in the afternoon, a daunting storm approached. High winds, Ominous clouds, and fierce cold had caused us to turn back on our approach to the top of the Painted Lady. It would be the last day in the backcountry and I was seeking a memorable moment to capture to define the trip. Tent bound for most of the day, I set out at sunset not expecting much. The storm let up just long enough in the evening to capture this ephemeral shot. That night the storm resumed and the temperatures plummeted below freezing. The shot made enduring a night of cold well worth it.
- Gear: Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 489 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!