In my lightboxes:
The Beautiful Desolate Earth - Mono Lake, Ca
- Title: The Beautiful Desolate Earth - Mono Lake, Ca
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mono County
- Nearest Town: Topaz
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I made this shot with a 10-20 Sigma gold fisheye lens. The formation sticking out of the water are called tufas. They are only formed under water so you can see how far Mono Lake has receded. There is no long a natural water source to feed the lake because they have diverted the water for public use. Mono Lake will one day be a memory. Normally I hope for dramatic cloud formations but on this day, I feel the smooth plain sky adds to the beauty of the desolate scene.
- Gear: Canon 30D, 10-20 sigma gold fish eye, manfrotto tripod with ballhead and qucik release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 556 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!