Thursday, October 22, 2009
Lensbaby Announces Two New Optics
New additions expand creative possibilitiesFisheye Optic Product Specs:
• Focal Length: 12mm
• Six element multi-coated optical design
• f/4 optic with aperture disks that range from f/5.6 to f/22
• Focuses from one inch to infinity
• Removable disk aperture system
• To change aperture, unscrew top element of Fisheye Optic and remove with Aperture Tool. The aperture disk sits atop the bottom element
• Special adapter must be purchased for use with Muse. The Fisheye Optic is not recommended for use with the Control Freak
About the Lensbaby Soft Focus Optic
The Lensbaby Soft Focus Optic works with Lensbaby’s Creative Effects SLR camera lenses, the Composer, Muse and Control Freak. Images created with the 50mm focal length Soft Focus Optic feature a soft and diffused appearance. The Soft Focus Optic’s multi-coated optical glass doublet creates a much flatter field of focus than previous Lensbaby optics, making this optic well-suited for a variety of soft focus applications. This new optic does not have the Sweet Spot of sharp focus and dramatic blur outside of that spot created by the Double Glass, Single Glass, and Plastic Optics. The Soft Focus Optic features Lensbaby’s magnetic disk aperture system. In addition to the standard round aperture disks for f/2 to f/22, the Soft Focus Optic also comes with three special soft focus multi-hole apertures that combine one large opening over the optic's sharp center with small openings over the optic's soft edges. This hole pattern creates a sharp underlying image with a soft overlay. Users can stack the soft focus apertures together or with standard Lensbaby apertures to vary the amount and appearance of the softness. In addition, the multi-hole apertures have the ability to create out-of-focus highlights that take on the shape of the aperture holes, further enhancing creativity. When using the Soft Focus Optic, photographers typically point the lens straight ahead to achieve a classic soft focus look.
The Lensbaby Soft Focus Optic is available immediately for $89.95 (MSRP).
Soft Focus Optic Product Specs:
• Focal Length: 50mm
• Multi-coated optical glass doublet
• f/2 optic with aperture disks that range from f/2.8 to f/22
• Creates images that are overall soft and diffuse
• Much flatter field of focus than other Lensbaby optics. Suited for variety of soft focus applications such as portrait, landscape, urban, and botanical photography
• Magnetic disk aperture system
• Degree of softness can be controlled by changing the special apertures, or stacking them with regular Lensbaby aperture disks
• With the soft focus multi-hole apertures, bright, out-of-focus points of light take on the hole pattern's shape. Photographers can control this creative effect by using standard Lensbaby apertures or choosing a low contrast background.
About the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
The Lensbaby Optic Swap System now features six interchangeable optics that can be swapped in and out of Lensbaby’s Creative Effects SLR Camera lenses, the Muse, the Composer, and the Control Freak. Each optic creates a different type of creative image, giving photographers unlimited freedom to achieve their unique artistic vision. The Double Glass, Single Glass, and Plastic Optics have a curved field of focus that allows the photographer to control depth of field in a unique way by creating a Sweet Spot of sharp focus that is surrounded by beautiful blur. The other 3 optic options, Fisheye, Soft Focus, and Pinhole/Zone plate all feature a flat field of focus and create distinctive looks.
For more information about the new Lensbaby optics and the Lensbaby Optic Swap system, please visit www.lensbaby.com.
Page 2 of 3
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!