Using a folded optics design allows the LUMIX FP7 and FP5 to remain ultra-thin, yet still have a high-quality 4x optical zoom. In addition, the new zoom button makes the LUMIX cameras look even more sleek. Also taking advantage of Intelligent Resolution, the Intelligent Zoom function on the LUMIX FP7 and LUMIX FP5 allows the powerful 4x optical zoom to increase to 5x equivalent without compromising picture quality.
Panasonic’s popular iA mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically – with no setting changes needed by the user – makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. The LUMIX FP7 and LUMIX FP5 feature two new iA functions – AF Tracking and Intelligent Exposure. AF Tracking locks onto any subject and keep it in focus even if it moves, while the Intelligent Exposure optimizes the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully. The automatic backlight compensation function activates whenever the camera detects the subject is in backlight. Other features of Panasonic iA include:
• MEGA OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) – Reduces blurry photos due to hand-shake
• Intelligent ISO Control – Reduces blur when the subject is moving
• Face Detection – Ensures registered faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure and unwanted red eyes are digitally corrected
• Intelligent Scene Selector – Selects the best option from: Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and Sunset
• Dedicated iA button – Lets users engage easily with one click
Other features of the LUMIX FP7 and LUMIX FP5 include:
• LUMIX Image Uploader – Share images via Facebook and video via YouTube
• Intelligent LCD – Detects the lighting conditions and controls the brightness level in 11 finely graduated steps, to display the most appropriate setting
• 70MB of built-in memory
The LUMIX FP7 will be available in blue, black and red, while the LUMIX FP5 will be available in blue, black, pink and silver. Pricing and availability for both models will be announced 30 days prior to shipping date. For more information, please visit www.panasonic.com/CES.