Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Tamron SP 70-300mm
Features include image stabilization and autofocus driveVC (Vibration Compensation)
Tamron’s VC mechanism employs a three-coil system, whereby three driving coils activate the shake-compensating VC lens group electromagnetically via three steel balls. The VC lens elements are held in place only by contact with the steel balls, achieving smooth movement with little friction. This provides a stable viewfinder image with excellent tracking performance that eliminates the blur from camera shake for cleaner, crisper shots.
• Full time manual focus at your fingertips - Auto-focus has many benefits but sometimes the photographer needs the control of manual focus. Full time manual offers just that: the crossover from auto-focus to manual focus by simply adjusting the focus ring, allowing the photographer to make adjustments on the fly. This feature helps the lens produce impressive results even in telephoto situations where the depth of field is narrow.
• Better balance and consistent length with internal focusing - When focusing, the internal elements of the lens move and the lens’ external size does not change. This offers better balance and easier telephoto shots. Moreover, the barrel is not subject to stray light entering from external helicoids that can negatively affect images. And because the external elements do not move, it makes it easier to utilize polarizing filters and the flower shape hood to control the amount of light that enters the lens.
• Enjoyable photography for a wide range of enthusiasts, from those using traditional film cameras, to digital SLRs with full-frame or APS-C size sensors - With a full-frame digital or 35mm SLR, portrait and medium telephoto shots can be achieved on the wider 70mm end of the range and spectacular telephoto shots at the longer 300mm side. When using an APS-C sensor camera, the angle of view changes, giving it the equivalent range of 109-465mm for bold ultra-telephoto shots. And with a maximum magnification ratio 1:4, the lens can be used to explore in the realm of semi-macro photography.
• Uncompromising countermeasures to reduce ghosting and flare - Digital photography requires extreme precision, which is why Tamron incorporates new BBAR (Broad-Band Anti Reflection) multilayer coatings that reduce reflection into the lens elements. This ensures excellent performance in all photographic conditions and enhances light transmission on both long and short wavelengths. Also, Tamron applies internal surface coatings on cemented surfaces of lens elements to make images sharper with better color reproduction and balance.
• Simple yet beautiful exterior design - Tamron adopted a simple design with a smooth silhouette to ensure that this lens fits well with various SLR cameras. The exquisite textured paint gives a well-crafted finish to the exterior.
• Flower-shaped hood with excellent stray light shielding properties–a standard accessory - The flower-shaped hood has been designed specifically to block out damaging light rays and ensures clear, sharp descriptive performance.
About TAMRON Co., Ltd.
'New Eyes for Industry' is Tamron’s slogan, as they are a comprehensive manufacturer of a wide range of original optical products, from interchangeable lenses for SLR cameras to various optical devices for both the general consumer and OEMs. Tamron makes optical products that contribute to a range of different industries. As a leading manufacturer of optical devices, Tamron will continue to exercise its rich creativity and leading-edge technical prowess to make advances into various industrial fields.
Page 3 of 3
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!