Basque Wagon On Chattin’ Hill
- Title: Basque Wagon On Chattin’ Hill
- State/Province/Region: Idaho
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Grand View
- Brief Directions: Just minutes outside Grand View, heading towards Mountain Home on the Grand View Highway. On the left as the road begins steep incline.
- GPS Longitude: -116.068926
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The French ranchers used this wagon as base camp when accompanying their herds on the range. Now retired, the wagon sits atop Chattin’ Hill. The flat terrain of the Magic Valley allows storms to be seen for miles. I chased this particular rainbow for about ten miles before I saw that it would intercept the wagon. I only had a minute or so, and hoping for the sun to stay out, to frame and shoot the rainbow as it passed behind the wagon.
- Gear: Rain Jacket and Tripod and Luck
This Photo Has Been Viewed 233 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!