- Title: The Pumpkin Patch
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Anza Borrego State Park
- Brief Directions: Wind your way through a maze of high clearance 4WD dirt roads through the Anza Borrego desert to near the Tule Wash.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: These incredible mud balls were formed by sand and mud coalescing around small fragments of dirt, shells, or other materials, forming these bizarre concretions. Over years of erosion by wind and water the soil was removed and revealed the concretions.
- Gear: Canon 5D mkII, 16-35mm mkII, Singh Ray 2-stop hard GND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 395 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!