- Title: Still Standing
- State/Province/Region: Mississippi
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nearest Town: Pass Christian, Mississippi
- Brief Directions: Approx 5 miles West of Gulfport MS on Hwy 90.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Photo of remains of structure of boat slips, boardwalks and piers shot 4 years after Hurricane Katrina destroyed this town of Pass Christian, Mississippi. The body of water is the Mississippi Sound. Once a busy shrimpboat headquarters, this area is now a haven for pelicans, Gulls, Herons, Cormorants,etc.
The locals who have stayed are slowly rebuilding Pass Christian. It is an area filled with immense natural beauty...ancient Live Oaks, breathtaking sunsets, and sugar white beaches.
- Gear: FujiFinepix S5200
This Photo Has Been Viewed 480 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!