Another Wave Detail
- Title: Another Wave Detail
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coyote Buttes North
- Nearest Town: Page, AZ
- Brief Directions: Halfway between Page, AZ and Kanab, UT, a dirt road goes into the wilderness to the trailhead. From there, hike about an hour and a half across the UT/AZ border. The Wave is just on the AZ side.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is the entrance to the famous geological formation called The Wave. It is just on the Arizona side of the border with Utah, in the Vermillion Cliffs area of Coyote Buttes North. To reach it, you need to acquire a pass from the Bureau of Land Management, and they only give out 20 passes a day. Then, you have to hike about an hour and a half through slick rock-covered wilderness. The payoff is amazing, though, especially when the afternoon sun lights up the ancient layers of sandstone.
- Gear: Canon Elan 7 film camera, Velvia 50 slide film
This Photo Has Been Viewed 299 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!