After Sunset, Agathla Peak
- Title: After Sunset, Agathla Peak
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monument Valley
- Nearest Town: Kayenta
- Brief Directions: About 8 miles north of Kayenta, on the way to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Navajo call it Agathla, but it's also known as El Capitan.It is a remainder of a hardened volcanic core, which was exposed when everything around it eroded. Which seems to be the par for the course at nearby Monument Valley. This was taken shortly after sunset; the shot is looking north-northwest.
- Gear: Canon 20D, 17-40mm f/4L lens, 17mm, tripod, 25 seconds
This Photo Has Been Viewed 304 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!