- Title: Desert Snow Storm
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest
- Nearest Town: Hadley
- Brief Directions: From Tonopah, head east for five miles. Turn north onto Highway 376. Travel about 40 miles more. You will be in the Big Smokey Valley, where this shot was taken.
- GPS Longitude: 117
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This is a very large snow cloud, extending several miles into the atmosphere. The mountains at its base are dwarfed by its tremendous size. Where the cloud touches ground, the snowstorm rages.
- Gear: Canon Rebel XSi with Canon Zoom 70-300 IS USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 410 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!