Yosemite Lightning Strike
- Title: Yosemite Lightning Strike
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite National Park
- Brief Directions: About 1-2 miles before Glacier Point.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: At Glacier Point a large audience watched as a fantastic storm moved in over Yosemite Valley. Shortly after the National Park Service cleared the area because lightning strikes started touching down on the other end of the valley. So I went to another look out point about a mile or two before glacier point. I waited at the area for almost two hours and 300+ shots later I was lucky enough to catch a lightning bolt, part of a rainbow, and some amazing light on Half Dome all in the same composition.
- Gear: Nikon D70, Nikkor 18-70/3.5
This Photo Has Been Viewed 623 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!