Owens Valley Petroglyphs
- Title: Owens Valley Petroglyphs
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Owens Valley
- Nearest Town: Bishop, Ca
- Brief Directions: Take highway 6 out of Bishop, Ca to 5 Bridges Road.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: One of the more impressive and well preserved set of petroglyph in the Owens Valley. Little is actually known about these. No one knows who actually made them, when, what their purpose is, or what they mean. Although some have theorized that these could be the hallucinagenic interpretations of the shaman, a map, or simple graffity.
- Gear: Nikon D200, Tokina 12-24/4
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1388 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!