- Title: Bounty On Anan Creek
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Wrangell
- Brief Directions: We hired Eric from Breakaway Adventures in Wrangell to take us by boat to a houseboat we rented near Anan. We rented our accommodations, complete with two canoes, from Marie at Rainwalker Expeditions. After settling into our houseboat we got in a canoe and paddled four miles to Anan. We spent two days paddling back and forth to the observatory and in between paddling we spent hours with the bears who were up to 15 feet away.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Anan Wildlife Observatory is a wonderful place to see and photograph black bears and brown bears. My husband and I saw both species during our visit. We also saw bald eagles and so much more.
Anan is reached by boat or plane and is just the most awesome place to visit. It is definitely a must-see in July and August when the salmon are running. Never in my life have I seen so many dead and dying salmon.
- Gear: Nikon D80 and Nikon 80-400
This Photo Has Been Viewed 885 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!