Colors Of Box Chasm
- Title: Colors Of Box Chasm
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Box Canon
- Nearest Town: Ouray
- Brief Directions: Visit Box Canon Falls just outside Ouray, CO, and follow the metal walkways back through the canyon, all the way to the falls.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Treading through snow, I made my way into the depths of Box Canon, where I found this amazing scene in December. The small strip of deep blue sky overhead gave the perfect light for a long exposure as the sun was setting. The biggest challenge here was finding a place where the mist would not cover the lens in water, as many shots were ruined from this. Exposing for 20 seconds allowed the colors of the rocks to melt through the water, a perfect compliment to the static frozen ice.
- Gear: Canon xTi, 17-40mm f/4L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2844 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!