- Title: Metal Woman
- State/Province/Region: Wisconsin
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Countryside
- Nearest Town: Madison
- Brief Directions: Madison, somewhere near the Botanical Gardens-you need to get off the beaten path and keep taking left turns through the countryside . . .
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I attended a photography workshop and happened to be the only student still using film. After we finished our field trip I had to find a way to finish my roll for the next morning's critique session. So, I drove around the countryside, making left turns, looking for inspiration. I found this woman and other metal sculptures standing out in the field. As I approached her a bluebird flew onto her outstretched hand, inviting me to quickly frame them in before he flew away. I don't know if I'll be able to find her again but she'll always be an inspiration to me.
- Gear: Nikon N65 and Tamron XR lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 721 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!