Autumn At Babcock State Park
- Title: Autumn At Babcock State Park
- State/Province/Region: West Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Fayeete County
- Nearest Town: Clifftop
- Brief Directions: Located in Fayette County in south central West Virginia, Babcock State Park is easily accessible from Beckley and points south by following US 19 north.
At the US Rt. 60 exit travel east 10 miles to State Rt. 41 South. Babcock's campground is 2 miles south of Rt.60 at Clifftop, while the main park entrance is 2 miles south of Clifftop.
From Charleston, follow Rt. 60 East to Rt. 41 South.
From the east, follow I-64 to the Sam Black Church exit, then follow US Rt. 60 West to Rt. 41 South.
From the north take US 19 exit off I-79 and follow US 19 to US Rt. 60 East to Rt. 41 South.
- GPS Longitude: -80.97139
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Babcock State Park is one of West Virginia’s most scenic and visited parks in autumn. The Glade Creek Grist Mill is the centerpoint of the park. The best views can be had by following the small road beside mill to the end of retaining wall of the dam.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D, Moose Warming Circular Polarizer, 0.8 Neutral Density Filter, Tripod, Shutter Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 250 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!