Point Vicente Lighthouse Sunset
- Title: Point Vicente Lighthouse Sunset
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Long Beach
- Nearest Town: Rancho Palos Verdes
- Brief Directions: From the southern end of Interstate 110, follow Gaffey Street south through San Pedro roughly two miles to 25th Street. Turn right on 25th street. Follow 25th Street 2.7 miles until it turns into Palos Verdes Drive. The lighthouse is located at 31550 Palos Verdes Drive West, which is roughly 4.5 miles from the point where 25th Street becomes Palos Verdes Drive.
- GPS Longitude: -118.41076
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The beautiful Point Vicente Lighthouse sits on a cliff 197 feet above sea level and its beam can be seen for 20 nautical miles. Making this not only one of the biggest but also one of the brightest lighthouses in the state of California. Spectacular any time of the day or season, sunset brings crashing waves at the base of the cliffs and the haunting sound of the foghorns call over the ocean.
- Gear: Canon 40D, Moose Warming Circular Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 310 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!