Spring Storm At The Point Montara Lighthouse
- Title: Spring Storm At The Point Montara Lighthouse
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Half Moon Bay
- Nearest Town: Montara
- Brief Directions: On Highway 1, seven miles north of Half Moon Bay and one-half mile south of Montara, look for American Youth Hostel signs on the west side of the road which will take you to the lighthouse. The hostel grounds are open from 8:00 a.m. to sunset. The hostel requests that you stop by the office before visiting the grounds. For reservations at the hostel and further information, call (650) 728-7177.
- GPS Longitude: -122.51933
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Point Montara is currently an active aid to navigation but the light station’s buildings are currently managed by Hostelling International through an agreement with the California State Parks System. Overnight guests of the lighthouse can elect to stay in the former Coast Guard quarters or in the fog signal building. Lounge chairs have been placed just below the tower on the beautiful bluff that overlooks the ocean. A vast bed of ice plant accents the cliff with small yellow and pink blooms. On this day, a storm front was just beginning to push through the area.
- Gear: Canon 40D, Moose Circular Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 399 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!