Rundle Mountain Sunrise
- Title: Rundle Mountain Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Banff National Park
- Nearest Town: Banff
- Brief Directions: Traveling west from Calgary on Highway 1, take the second exit at Banff townsite, take your first right, which is Vermillion Lakes Drive. As you travel west, you will pass 3 lakes and some marshy areas with open views of the mountain behind.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Early morning produces some great sunrise shots at this spot. The best days are when there are clouds over the mountain, and it is clear to the east, where the praire sun will reflect on the underside of the clouds. The phenomenon only lasts for a few minutes, so one should be prepared.
- Gear: Tripod, filters, warm clothing most seasons.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 479 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!